Saturday, July 5, 2014

Just a (set of) Note(cards)

"One is never sure, watching two cats washing each other, whether it's affection, the taste, or a trial run for the jugular."
                                                                            ---------Helen Thomson

Hi, Friends.....

Well, in between my three-year-old granddaughter's forays of chicken chasing and cat tormenting, I managed to make this project for the MFP Friends of Speedy TV Notecard Set Challenge.  These are easy mailers, since they are barely layered and have no 3-D foam or sticky-uppy thingies.  :)



Does the watercolor background I made look familiar?  (Long story can be found here.)  I have a bunch of these and notecards were a perfect use for one sheet, at least.   I may have to make 20 additional sets!!!  Ha.

I used this lovely Technique Tuesday: Glee stamp set I won quite some months ago (THANKS, TT!!), but which they have since retired.  The music motifs are faves of mine since I play the piano and compose some......and now that I think about it, so does my little granddaughter, in her own way!  Ha.  (crash bang bang crash...)  At least when she is playing the piano, I know right where she is!!  :)

Hey, I have a new follower!!!  Or maybe two....I can't tell.  EEK!  I had 27 followers, but now it says 29......but I only see one new picture.  If you are my other new follower, please write me a note in the comments or use the email form in the sidebar and let me know!  Thanks!!  I don't want to miss anyone!!

My brand-new follower that I can see is:  Mary Steinemtz of Scraps with Mary.  She is on the DT for Feeling Sketchy and I think that is probably how she found my blog.  I had a lot of fun looking at Mary's blog and guess what.....she has a picture of two gorgeous cats, Ozzie and Milo, looking out the window together with their sweet tails hanging down.  Great photo!!!  You'll want to go see it and all her wonderful projects!!  Mary, thank you so much for becoming a follower of my blog.  This ginormous smile is for you!!!!

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this project in the following challenges:
1.  MFP Friends of Speedy TV Challenge #131 - Set of Notecards 
2.  Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #202 - Anything Goes 
3.  Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes 
4.  Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge - Bloomin' Fabulous New Release - Anything Goes 
5.  Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge #110 - Anything Goes  

10 comments:

  1. Janis - nice use of paper, I can see a few gifts being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you are right, Janine! I need to use up all this paper sitting atop my craft drawers somehow. Gifts would be a great way.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. I like your watercolour background and the clean simplicity of your design, perfect for notecards! Thanks for sharing with us at LCI.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I really love the look of watercolor........good thing, since I have so much of this now!! Ha. Thanks for your visit and your very nice comment!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. I think it is awesome how you are going to get so many fabulous cards out of that beautiful watercolor background, Janis! It's just perfect for your set of musical note cards! Ooops, you better go see what she's gotten into ... aren't they just the best?!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha......go see what she's into, indeed!! I was getting dressed yesterday morning, and in the two minutes that took she grabbed a child-safe digital fever thermometer off the counter (where hubby had left it!) and got it stuck in the "keyhole" of the bedroom door! Three year olds! :)

      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave your sweet comment!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Great set of note cards, with the notes on them. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joni! I thought that stamp would be perfect. Please visit again!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Great set of cards. Thank you so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shanna!!! I appreciate your visit!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis