Saturday, May 9, 2015

Make a Wish - Waffle Flower Challenge

Our Brian and Othello nested together.  Othello was missing my son (his best bud) who was away for a few days and so I laid down my fuzzy pink robe on the bed for him make happy feet on.  He was so relieved and overjoyed to have a soft blankey, he BIT it!  lol...  Brian is not quite 1 year old (look at that magnificent striped coat!!)  You can see how massive Othello is compared to him....although some of it is camera perspective.   He probably outweighs lanky and lean Brian close to 3 to 1.  We grow big cats!
"Cat names are more for human benefit.  They give one a certain degree more confidence that the animal belongs to you."
                                                                                           -----------Alan Ayckbourn

Hi, Friends.....

I can't believe it!!  It has been a full four weeks since I have had time to make more than one card or project in a week.  I've just barely gotten a Unity FWF project done each Friday.  Grandma-ing, mom-ing, and wife-ing has been keeping me busy, busy, busy....and tired!!!

 

The current Waffle Flower Challenge has such a beautiful inspiration photo and color palette in cool tones that I really wanted to participate using my new Waffle Flower - On My Mark stamp set. (THANKS, WF!!!)
 




I just love the looooooong cat on this stamp set, don't you?  I was dying to curve the stamp to make the cat stand up against something!!  :)   In this case, I tried to make a little outdoor scene with the curious kitty sneaking up on the butterfly.   Guess what her wish is!  :)

I already had the lattice background made from scraps as a card starter and added the other elements.  I stamped the cat in Onyx Black Tsukineko - Versafine Ink and then heat embossed it with black powder for a lovely deep black coat.



I debated whether or not to use the vellum.  I like all the white space on the inspiration photo and there wasn't any on my card, so the vellum tones down the colors.  Also, I was afraid the butterfly would get lost amid the lattice work in the bright background, so putting the little thing on top of the vellum keeps it in sight.  Of, course, you can't see the glossy black coat of the cat with the vellum over top, but she is still visible so I think I like it with the vellum.



The little sentiment is from the same set.  I stamped and heat-embossed it the same way I did for the little huntress.  My family wasn't too impressed with this card (What do they know???  lol...), but I really like it!  Hope you do, too.  

Have a lovely rest of the weekend!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower Challenge - April 27 to May 10
2. Quick Quotes Friday Challenge #51 - Add a Flower or Butterfly
3. The Paper Girls Challenge #79 - Cute Critters
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 175-176

7 comments:

  1. Cute card! Great way of using snippets to make a background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Janis - tee, hee - laughing at the kitty :) And the photo of your own terrible twosome is great!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique and so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card design. I haven't been able to craft much lately either :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one cool card! Love how you curved the cat! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha....that sneaky curved kitty is a crack up!! I think that I'd spend waaaaay too much time thinking up fun ways to pose the cat as he gets into much mischief! The vellum is a nice touch and one way that I like to tone down bold patterns and prints as well. Maybe the next time you can add the kitty on top of the vellum so his glossy black coat can shine!! So glad to see you playing with your stamps and card designs again because I know how annoying when ordinary life cuts into our ever so important creative time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever way to use the vellum and strips of pattern paper, love the sweet kitty cat too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes in May.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis