Friday, December 4, 2015

Snowflake Ornament Cards

Hahaha....Grumpy cat snowflake!  Whoever did this was a genius!!!


Hi, Friends.....

I am here to share another set of cards I made for  Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2015.  These sweet little snowflake cards were inspired by Jennifer's awesome card here.  Jennifer used her Cricut to cut the ornaments, but I don't have an electronic cutter so I improvised with my Big Shot and some dies. 



First I die cut some older double-sided Echo Park "Winter Wishes" papers from my stash with the lovely Spellbinders - Carnival Dream die set.  This fun set has a fold and tuck design so your reverse pattern shows.  You can see in the photo below some of the ones before and after folding.


After folding, I squeezed on some silver glitter glue for extra sparkle and let them dry overnight.


The next day, I layered the two sizes of folded die-cuts and added a dazzling big rhinestone in the center.   I tied on some icy blue ribbon for hanging the ornament.  

I die-cut pre-made glittery card bases in silver and turquoise with my Sizzix - Circles, Scallop die set and used repositionable adhesive to attach the snowflake on the front so the ornament can be removed and hung on the tree, if desired.  The scalloped edge of the die cut allows the card to stand up nicely and since the card base was an A2 size, this flat ornament card will fit in a standard sized envelope.  Yay!!   


I absolutely love how these turned out.  I ended up making a set of 4 of them....2 in blue and 2 in silver....my favorite color combo for Christmas.  My little stack of cards keeps growing!  Thank you to Jennifer Grace for the lovely inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your awesome comments!!!
Hope your holiday preparations are well underway.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering these cards in the following challenges:
1.   Jennifer Grace's Frosted Festivities 2015
2.   Mod Squad Challenge - Use three or more Ingredients (I chose patterned paper, ribbon, fave color, glitter/bling, die-cut)

3.   Addicted to Stamps Challenge #173 -Holiday
4.   Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper December Challenge
5.   Craftin Desert Divas Craft it Up Link it Up Christmas Linky
6.   DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #169 - Christmas alt. TY
7.   Shopping Our Stash Challenge #229 - No Stamping

16 comments:

  1. These are wonderful ornaments! I love the double sided paper you used! This would be a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I've never seen these dies before but what a spectacular design for an ornament. Love how both sides of the patterned paper show and that it can be detached from your card to use as an ornament. So clever and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW - super cool snowflake ornaments, they're brilliant and I adore the Grumpy cat snowflake hahahaha :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember fold-and-tuck dies, and sadly we didn't get along. Yours are so pretty! And way to use that big bling!

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for our No Stamping challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is really thinking out of the box, and you got some very nice ornaments too. Thanks for joining in the Mod Squad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo Hooo you found a way to make a lovely kitty snowflake Fun............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the sparkle of the snowflakes. Thank you for entering DLART Christmas challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    DLART Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous--I like the dies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super snowflake ornaments, Janis. Thanks for playing along at ATSM's Holiday Challenge. Merry Christmas! Melissa - ATSM DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are quite lovely! Thanks for sharing with us here at Shopping Our Stash! Your project is just perfect for our challenges.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful ornament. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Let it Snow Wednesday Challenge
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun these are, great job, nicely done, very cool idea!thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT 4CC

    ReplyDelete
  14. The silver glitter glue and the big rhinestone in the middle totally makes these cards shine! You put so much work into them and it paid off. Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty and wonderful ! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Craftin' Desert Divas Christmas Linky Party !
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Mayra DTM

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis