Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Fancy Kitty in Black and White


Hi, Friends.......

Get ready for some Black and White cards to be popping up here and there
in Blogland. Diane and Darlene over at Double D Challenges are in the second half of their month-long 1st Blogoversary celebration and the mood board and the theme this time is Black and White only........and I see CATS!!! :)



It's also the second week (out of three) of Darnell's NBUS-orama!! If you missed last week, don't worry! There's still lots of time to play!  http://www.djkardkreations.com/2017/01/nbus-challenge-9.htmlThis week is Darnell's NBUS #9. In addition to asking us to use some NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff), she has a couple of optional themes this time of CASEing some card you have seen around blogland or doing a Hidden Sentiment. You must go see her lovely card.....and the lovely prizes!! :) I got so inspired with the Black and White theme from Diane and Darlene that I didn't really do either of the two options, although I was inspired by several of the lovely samples over on the challenge site!

It was super-fun to pull out some of my fancy dies to make a pretty card to feature this lovely NBUS cat die from the Sweet Dixie - Meow die set. This wonderful set of dies, along with several other awesome cat-related crafty gifts, was sent to me as a thank you gift from Carol Jones over at Craftilicious Creations for hostessing the Cat Lovers Hop this past October. What a sweet and unexpected surprise. THANK YOU so much, Carol!!




Other supplies used include:Spellbinders - Lace Doily Accents die set
Spellbinders - Heartfelt Creations - Raindrops on Roses die set
Darice - Honeycomb embossing folder
Black Grosgrain ribbon from my stash
Scraps of cardstock in black and white

I kept thinking I should add more stuff to this card to make it seem more finished....or at least to add a sentiment. But in the end I decided I liked the bold contrast of the uncluttered black and white. Love how the black background really shows off the fancy die cuts. Hope you enjoyed it, too!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Darnell's NBUS #9
2. Double D Challenges - Black and White
3. SUYP - Cats Only Challenge #14 - Furrything Goes
4. Die Cut Divas - Sentiment-Free (must use die cuts &/or embossing folders w/ manual machine)
5. Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 265-266 - Use snippets  

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Janis! A mix of elegant and cute at the same time - love B/W cards!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun creation Janis! Love your overall design! GREAT job and thanks for the awesome shout out ... we appreciate it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘BLACK & WHITE’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat die is so pretty and I think your card is just perfect as is. Looks like he's sitting in a garden. Thanks so much for joining us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how if there is a cat around that will get your attention. That's why I'm here to ogle your ornate cat card! PAWesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous B&W card and I just love that kitty, what a pretty die, so intricate!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool - a great use of the dies and I just LUV the B&W. Thanks very much for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-)

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done!! Thanks for linking up to our Sentiment Free challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous black and white card here, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very striking card Janice.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. The addition of the bow was perfect for this beauty.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis