Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Cup of Love



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a sweet card that can be used as valentine or as an all-occasion card for someone close to your heart.

http://blog.markerpop.com/2017/01/29/color-challenge-113/I was inspired by the colors on the MarkerPOP Challenge palette and the pretty bowl of hearts on the photo. They ask you to use a coloring medium that they sell.....I used Distress Markers and Inks....and to use at least 3 of the colors plus a neutral of our choice.


You might already know how I love to use my long strips of patterned paper scraps to make backgrounds. Well, I happened to have one of them on hand in these colors!! Yay!! I teamed it up with a Unity - Java Friend mug image (stamped with Versafine ink in Smokey Gray) that I colored in matching hues with my Distress Markers (Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, and Worn Lipstick) and added a layer of sparkle with my Wink of Stella pen. I sponged around on the focal panel with Distress Ink in Milled Lavender.


I cut the panels with My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set and Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangles die set. To finish things off, I added some dollar store foam hearts (Can you tell that two of them are foil and one is matte?) and some pretty sequins.

Even though I am a very novice colorist, I enjoy trying out these MarkerPOP coloring challenges. I love the soft colors of this particular palette and rather like how my card turned out. Hope you like it, too! Thank you for stopping in and for leaving your encouraging and helpful comments!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MarkerPOP Color Challenge #13
2. Cut It Up Challenge #114 - Hot Drink
3. Die Cut Divas February Challenge - Use Red or Pink
4. Crop Stop January Linky Party #24 - Anything Goes use prod CS sells
(I used Distress Ink and MFT craft dies.)
5. DL.Art Thankful Thursday #197 - Anything Goes
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - The Color of Love
7. Crafting When We Can Challenge #136 - Spots &/or Stripes
8. HeARTful Stamping Challenge (Jan. 29 - Feb.5) - Anything Goes + Rubber Stamp
9. DL.Art February Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
10. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper February Challenge - Use Patterned Paper

18 comments:

  1. I love it! you did a great job with the markers the cup came out fab!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes FEBRUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just yummy Janis! I love the soft pink and lavender...and the sparkle on your mug. I haven't ever seen that Unity image but this is perfect with the colors you used. Those tiny hearts in the steam add just the perfect whimsical touch and now I'm intrigued by the Distress markers. You won't be able to claim novice much longer as your coloring skills are really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really is such a pretty card, beautiful colouring and love the dimension from the hearts.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the sheen on two of your hearts. I'm going to search your blog and find out more about the backgrounds - I'm intrigued. I have so many scraps, it would be nice to have some backgrounds just laying around to use on the fly.

    Thanks for joining us for our Hot Drink challenge at Cut it Up. Stay warm! :)

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your card very much. Love the colours and the use of the strips of paper. I keep all mine too but must admit more for paper weaving do yours is a new idea yo try out.
    P.s. Any shading of brown is ok. A lot of butterflies are different colours of brown which umber comes under. Hope you have come up for air by now or should I come over with my snorkel ! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely happy card Janis. I love the mug image and pretty papers and your colouring looks great. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Janis and when you can do THAT with scraps......Its a WONDERFUL day! A great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, sparkles and glitter! What a lovely Valentines card and great way to use paper scraps!! Thanks for linking up to CropStop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE CUTE CUTE image, Janis! Your coloring and sparkle are lovely. The take on your pink challenge is fantastic! I was actually using that color option on my recent Cardz 4 Galz, but there are no markers! LOL Beautiful card, Janis! How do you EVER do it, time and again, Miss Sue? Loving the bold, happy colors, and the simplicity of the hearts, Sue. Your cards are perfect for any age! Fabulous designs! Wishing you a wonderful day! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mug handle This is a great card warm and loving .....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card. Love the heart handle on the cup.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this cup and all the sparkle on the card as well! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was tickled to see this won over at CropStop! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love the stickers and the glitter on the coffee cup! Thanks so much for joining us at MarkerPOP! - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craftyhuzelnut's challenges. Hugs Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis