I am back with #3 of my Graphic 45 Card Extravaganza....my latest crafting whirlwind where I got started making cards with my Graphic 45 Precious Memory collection AND couldn't stop!!! lol... I love the sweet images on the papers of babies and mommies and related themes. This time I made a baby girl card with a couple of challenges in mind:
1. Winnie & Walter May Color Combo Challenge with Heather H. (ends June 9) - I noticed that the colors in the G45 papers were very similar to the lovely ones in the palette that Heather chose this time. The papers even feature roses along with the babies and mommies....just like in the inspiration photo!
2. Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge #19: Parentville (ends May 31) - The W&W Rerun challenges are where a stamp set from the past is featured. Shay and her design team members make cards with this older set and she challenges us to make a card using it, also. If we don't have the set, we can use a different W&W product to make a card inspired by one from the design team. Fun!!! This month Shay is actually has two stamp sets to rerun:
|W&W Parentville Stamp Set|
|W&W Parentville Extras Stamp Set|
And....Shay even has a giveaway!!!
Comment on the Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge and Giveaway post to have a chance to win BOTH of these stamp sets!!
Wow!! Thank you, Shay!!!
Here's my card......
I don't have either of the W&W Parentville/Extras sets, so I drew inspiration from the two cards that Heather H made. You can see her cards HERE. I loved how she added a pretty horizontal piece of lace ribbon to her Mom card. I did the same thing, but mine is vertical. I think the fancy edges on her sentiment panels are so pretty, so I used a sweet scalloped edge die. The patterned background paper for her Dad card has a decidedly masculine feel, but it inspired the dainty dotted paper I used.
It was nice seeing Heather make such lovely use of patterned paper. If you are like me, you have a ton of it in your stash! I LOVE how the W&W Essential series of dies are perfect for making wonderful layered cards with pretty papers from many different companies. I enjoy being able to use what I have on hand. The Essentials by W&W make it easy and fun!!
Supplies used include:Thank you so much for stopping in. Hope you liked seeing this sweet and simple little card. Your visits and comments brighten my day!
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (the scalloped rectangle)
Graphic 45 Precious Memories collection
Eyelet Lace from my stash
Ribbon from my stash
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter May Color Combo Challenge with Heather H.
2. Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge #19: Parentville
3. Dare2BArtzy - Girly Challenge
4. Crafty Hazelnut's May Patterned Paper Challenge
5. Bizzy Becs May Challenge - Anything Goes