I have three cat-loving crafty friends with birthdays in May (that I know of, at least....maybe there are more and I just don't know when their BDs are!!). They each visit my blog so they probably have a good idea who I am talking about! :) I have been in such disarray all month that I am just now getting cards ready for them....so each of the cards will be VERY late in arriving. Although they will see these three birthday cards on my blog here before they receive theirs in the mail, they won't know whose is whose. That will be a surprise they will have to wait for!
I made this card with a couple of challenges in mind:
1. Show Us Your Pussies Cats Only Challenge #18 - Birthday or Furrything Goes (ends June 5) The theme this month is Birthday, but you can do any project with a cat(s) as the main subject!
2. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge - Butterfly/ies plus L is for Layers &/or the color Cream (ends June 13) We have two fortnights to finish our projects up this time. No excuse (even for me) to not get at least one in there. Great prizes, too!!
Here's what I made......
I had fun getting out my Stampendous - Laurel Burch Indigo Cats die set and Stampendous - Laurel Burch Indigo Cats stamp set which I hadn't used yet. I chose a bright spring green layered and embossed background made from scraps. (Yes, I really do save all those skinny strips of paper for making these!!) I stamped the cat and butterfly with Versafine ink in Smokey Gray and watercolored them with Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, and Fossilized Amber.
Other supplies used include:
Waffle Flower - On My Mark stamp set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Darice - Interlocking Circles embossing folder
Hope you enjoyed seeing the fun Laurel Burch stamps. I still have two more birthday cards to post so I will see you later!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Show Us Your Pussies Cats Only Challenge #18 - Birthday or Furrything Goes
2. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge - Butterfly/ies plus L is for Layers &/or the color Cream
3. Mod Squad - Birthday Bash
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Furry Friends
5. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Little Critters
6. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - Add Sunshine (sunshiny color or a sun)