Friday, January 5, 2018

Happy Birthday - Winnie & Walter



Hi, Friends......

I am here with another card to share for the Winnie & Walter December Color Combo Challenge. Love this gorgeous palette that Heather chose for us this month!! It was especially fun to work with the lavender in this inspiration board!



I'm using another part of this lovely K&Co. paper that I have long hoarded.  Often when I use a pretty piece of patterned paper for a layered background, I will cut the middle of it with another smaller die shape to use later.  The hole is hidden underneath the top layer in my finished card and I have a tag or other smaller shape for another card.  This time I layered the cut-out tag on top of the covered up hole for a coordinated look.


Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Happy Cutaway die
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Happy stamp set
Versafine Ink in Majestic Blue
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (for tag)
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (for scalloped backgrounds)
Ribbon from stash
Thank you for stopping by to see my cards today! I hope you have a lovely weekend!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter December Color Combo Challenge

2. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January
3. Creative Knockouts #227 - Celebrations
4. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes #29 
5. Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge #316-317 
6. Double D - 2 Birthday/Anniversary Inspiration Board (I was inspired by the happy colors and flowery prints)


8 comments:

  1. hahaha so funny cat meme!
    great card!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea to get more mileage out of pretty papers. I'll have to remember this when i dread cutting into a favorite piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janis, this is SWEET! I love the Floral paper and the 'Happy die cut is perfect on the tag. ( I am so excited, yesterday I finally ordered some new tag dies! I love making tags but needed some different shaped ones. Now I just need some words dies...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!i adore the colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What a great tag design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ATG Birthday/Anniversary’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely birthday card, Janis! Pretty colors! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Birthday/Anniversary" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The large flowers are so striking. The paper is a great interpretation of the inspiration palette and the large sentiment is so fun!

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Celebrations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janis this is such a pretty card! Thanks for your entry to CraftyHazelnut’s January Patterned Paper challenge! Good luck with the prize drawing!

    ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis